Omero Willamette Valley Pinot Noir

The Willamette Valley blend is comprised of several vineyards, sourcing fruit from every sub AVA within the greater Willamette Valley. Our goal is to select a site from all of the major soil types in the area, which also offer a mix of clonal material alternative to the Dijon selections. With over 13 different clones of Pinot Noir, covering 8 primary soil types, we are able to have a large range of site expression. When blended correctly we feel this offers the maximum amount of complexity possible from the area. 30% of the 2014 was concrete aged for 10 months, while the remaining 70% aged in combination of new and used French oak barriques. The final wine contains approximately 5% new French oak and 20% use of wholeclusters.

Bright acidity, a nice mix of ripe red fruit up front, followed by some sour cherry, pomegranate, wild strawberry and raspberry.  There is a nice softness and a flowery suggestion in the finish, and a touch of mild vanilla.